Editor's Guide and flow infrastructure (was: Action Mode (was: Styling changes on tables and forms))

>From this thread and the latest sprint, I am starting to reverse-engineer
more of the community's editor guidelines.

Here are some straw content fragments (read it as raw doc sprint feedback,
or wait for the feedback summary and skip these details).  I'll churn some
of it into wiki content soon.

"Seek feedback early and often"
 - ask on the list, or on the IRC (probably needs examples of a number of
cases)
 - this is a great context for why/how to flag your page after you have
worked on it (cases and examples would be good)
 - also points to a (set of) queue(s) where I can post changes for rapid
(or less so) feedback (ultimately, where m,n people must,can pull each
item, based on the case)
 - probably need pages on how to read the page change history, and on the
validation criteria (and how to provide feedback) by case

We have multiple domains of change, with distinct community change flows.
 - content = jump right in (start with checkout and instructions if
needed), and then have it looked at (after both creation and editing)
 - templates = special team (for now, do not touch)
 - styling = publish a sample with rationale (design goals), then notify
the list with a summary and a link, and engage with feedback (maybe cases
for tweaks vs. extensions vs. rework); also need how to suggest or request
such changes
 - projects, tasks, bugs = pending, but we should start looking at cases
and gathering working proposal fragments on the wiki
 - process = still figuring this one out; current best guess is that this
has a list of cases; maybe start with commenting on an existing page, or
creating a personal page for the discussion, and notify the list with a
summary and a link, and engage with feedback (hint -- do not just edit any
existing process, just because it is published as wiki content)
 - wiki/team how-to = partly like content and partly like process
 - mission, vision, beta requirements = treat as legacy and substantially
fixed, but ok to ask about and discuss

Several of the above point to the need for some basic guidelines and
encouragement for how to set up personal pages for stuff that has not been
adequately engaged with by the community (we have some notes on this around
Scott's recent modeling).  Perhaps in the community building efforts we
could also look at volunteer identity-social-specialties pages, and
contribution credit and highlighting, as part of the larger picture (so
when you show up a second time, or make a second contribution outside your
first event, you are invited or encouraged to set up a more complete
identity).

I also have Scott and Doug's guidelines on single-topic email threads.
 Something like an org chart (who to go to try out an idea) would be nice.
 There is a strong prejudice towards doing everything on the public list,
but not everything gets done on the public list, so some sensible cases and
examples will help.

DougM