Action Mode (was: Styling changes on tables and forms)

Hi, folks-

One of the community was a bit surprised by these changes, and I realize
that we should have socialized them better. I was the one who gave Lea
the go-ahead to push the changes to the production site, so I bear
responsibility for poor coordination.

I'd like to turn this into a consensus opportunity for future actions.

My instinct (which is not always accurate) was that we should handle
designs much like we handle content: encourage action, seek feedback
early and often, and iterate towards consensus.

In this case, I feel I failed in the "seek feedback early and often"
stage. A better approach, which Lea suggested a couple minutes ago,
would have been for her to simply publish the changes on the test wiki,
and for us to show them to the community first before committing them to
the main wiki; in the future, we'll try to do that instead, since a
change like this affects everyone (and even if they like the change,
they may want to have a say in it first, and might not like to be
surprised).

I do want to emphasize the first premise, "encourage action", especially
in a disparate group like this where indecision can lead to inaction.
So, in spite of this slip-up, I still encourage everyone to take
initiative on actions, and learn from my mistake by suggesting large
changes first, then looping around for quick feedback.

Regards-
-Doug