Re: Offering the Beginner's Perspective

On 3 Apr 2013, at 17:25, "David R. Herz" <mr@theherzes.com> wrote:

> So first Chris, thank you.  I really don't think I am going to be needing
> too much hand holding, but I am certainly happy to give my input as we move
> along, and I am never shy about asking questions.

Cool.

> Where do you want the
> comments?  Should I be commenting in the question heads where there is space
> to comment or be keeping a list on the side, or cutting and pasting what you
> have and rewriting it, or some combination of the above.

I'm currently keeping a list of points that come out of our discussions. Feel free to jot down points and send them to me as they arise.

> I already started my own cheat sheets for both html and css.  I'll share
> those as they get anywhere.

cool.

> I copy the list on this mail just to let all know what the status is and
> that my questions have been addressed.  As to this particular endeavor, is
> this already part of a working group that I should sign onto or join?  If it
> is, I am not quite all there on how the wiki works or how such sub/groups
> would be handled through it.

Again, I'm not sure about this yet. There was some talk a while ago about a beginner's writing project, but then everyone got too busy. Your introduction to the group seems very timely and I would like to start up a beginner's project to capitalise on the momentum you've brought. But since I was last here, we've had a new bug system implemented. I'm guessing the best way to track this will be to start a project inside that system. But I need to learn how ;-)

Bear with me on this.