Re: [Meta] Topic Hierarchy

On 29 Oct 2012, at 00:34, Jonathan Garbee <jonathan@garbee.me> wrote:

> I was reviewing the topic hierarchy [1] and came across a few things that could need clearing up.
>
> First, Why is there a separate top URL for guides and tutorials? We can have sub-urls of the technologies and have all the guides and/or tutorials categorized by their technology as well.

This is because any given guide (should be concept - we decided to get rid of guides, as they were doing the same thing as concepts, pretty much) could be discussing multiple different technologies, so to try to have concepts categorized under different technologies would cause problems.

Instead, it is a better idea to have concepts under more general, technology agnostic URLs, and then have the ability to make them appear in different places by querying the topics they are tagged with.

> Second,  What is the servery of the priority status codes?  P0 = Most important or least?

yes.