Re: Scope of comment system?

So, overall I think the comment system could be done with.  Here is my
sanity flow:

1) We do create an admin tool to track status of the flags that all
admins have access too.  This would be very useful and allow the current
flag system to stay in place which is super useful.

2) We get a bugtracker hosted on the site that works with the Single
Sign On system (hopefully sessions will work right.)  This would allow
us to do three important things:
  2-1) Track bugs locally without the need for an extra account.
  2-2) Use a section of the tracker for content collaboration.
  2-3) Use it as a comment system of sorts.  If someone has a comment we
would have a section for it and they can link to the URL they are
talking about and give the feedback.

Doing this would allow us a few centralized places to manage things
compared to the current 3 or 4.  Along with bringing things more
in-house using the SSO.

I think integrating the contact system and a bug tracker is asking for a
bit more than we need.  Simply making a tracker on-site and having a
standard way to "comment" using it would suffice.  The comment system
could be much more useful if we had a global overview or RSS feed of
comments being added, but when we could simply have a bugtracker do it I
don't see the need to complicate things more.

Thoughts?