Re: Possible bug tracker not hosted with W3.

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 12:23 PM, <jonathan@garbee.me> wrote:

> **
>
> It would be a good idea to think about getting a bug tracker on the site
> itself once the current SSO issues are worked out.  That way peoples same
> accounts can be used for bug tracking and it isn't on another domain
> completely requiring yet another account which some seem to complain about.

That idea sounds reasonable to me. Minimizing the number of logins required
is generally a good thing...

> On top of using it for bugs we could use it for feature requests as we do
> now, but also for tasking new content additions or edits.  I'm thinking if
> someone has an idea to integrate something, they could drop it in a certain
> area of the tracker.  That way people looking for exact things to do could
> look there for things that could be done.  Right now there is no real
> central place of content that we know needs fixing/updating to be tracked.

The *hope *was that the system of flags and editorial notes would serve
this purpose. That may not be the case in practice.

In general, it's good to have a crisp idea (or even specific official
guidelines) of what types of issues and work items should live on each
tracking medium, otherwise it quickly gets confusing.