Prefixes in 2.2.1 Dictionary Browser Members

On Oct 17, 2013, at 10:19 PM, Ronald Mansveld <ronald@ronaldmansveld.nl> wrote:

> As Doug mentioned in the earlier email, I'm currently writing the spec for the datamodel to exchange compatibility data.
>
> The first draft can be found on: http://webplatform.ronaldmansveld.nl/compat_tables_datamodel.html.

I'm not sure it is really useful to define prefixes on this level. I'd rather see a prefix on the test result level.

There is no guarantee that a prefixed defined here is actually used as the prefix for a specific features. For example older Presto based versions of Opera use the -o prefix in general, but they also support the -webkit prefix on very specific CSS properties. Also Safari might use -webkit in general, but on some CSS properties they use the -khtml prefix.

Cheers,

Niels
html5test.com