Re: WebPlatform Browser Support Info

On Oct 17, 2013, at 10:19 PM, Ronald Mansveld <ronald@ronaldmansveld.nl> wrote:

> Currently my main concern is the matching of features, tests and browsers that are used by the different datasources. I'm strongly opposed to string/name-based matching, since a simple typo could wreak havoc on the complete system. Hence the introduction of UUID's for those parts of the model. However, we need to find a way to make sure all sources use the same UUID's for the same data. If anyone has an idea on how to solve this problem, or has a better solution than using UUID's, hit me up!

I wouldn't mind using UUID's on the WebPlatform.org systems, although I would rather use some sort of ID that already has some sort of meaning. I do have a question about the bigger picture.

If you are going to use UUIDs for matching the data from different data sources, do you expect all the data sources to use these UUID's? Or is it the intention to build a separate import filter for each source and map the internal ids of each source the UUID's on your end?

Cheers,

Niels
html5test.com