RE: A first draft of the future Web Payments Interest group is available for comments

Dear Stephane

I agree with most of the comments that have been posted about the scope
section. I would also like to see the question of trust, usability security
and uptake brought out clearly in an early bullet point. This could be
achieved with something  along the following lines (additions to Scope
section of document in red):
The Web Payments Interest Group's scope covers payment transactions on the
Web over a variety of devices (computer, mobile, tablet, etc.) and channels
using a variety of payment instruments (credit cards, credit transfer,
direct debit, loyalty cards, coupon, new payment systems such as e.g.
Paypal, Google wallet, etc., new cryptocurrencies such as e.g. Bitcoin, Ven,
etc.). It also covers business-to-business (B2B), business-to-person (B2C)
and person-to-person (P2P) transactions, as well as physical (payment at
physical shops) and online payments for physical or digital goods, including
in-app payments.
The tasks that the Interest Group will undertake include:
*	Identification of use-cases and scenarios of payment transactions on
the Web that need to be addressed.
*	Identifying ways to improve the trust in and usability, security and
uptake of web payments.
*	Identification of requirements for more secure and interoperable
management of payment transactions on the Web Platform. This includes the
identification of areas and places where standards are needed.
*	Identification of gaps in the Web Platform that do not allow the
identified requirements to be met.
*	Prioritization of the work items that need to be launched to fill
the identified gaps.
*	Review of deliverables under development by other W3C groups that
are relevant to the IG scope and report bugs as appropriate.
*	Liaison with other organizations in the payment industry that are
using the Web Platform for their technical specifications and/or their
services to foster alignment and interoperability on a global scale.
Note:
*	In general, technical development of standards is not in scope for
the Interest Group.
*	The Group will consider the security, privacy and accessibility
implications of its use cases and requirements, and seek appropriate review.
I think that the discussions about use of various terms (cypto, virtual
currencies etc.) can be sorted by including a list of definitions at the
end, then everyone would know what was meant

I also agree with Alexander Gee's point 2 about adding something about past
barriers and the need to reduce them as far as possible

Yours

Louise

Dr Louise Bennett
Louise.bennett@vivasltd.net
+44 (0)7786 012554
Vivas ltd, 30 Castelnau, London SW13 9RU