Re: blockchain and linked data questions

Dr. Henry Story,

I remember hearing about Project Bitmark. I saved a few links and theorized
about its place [1]. I also bookmarked the transaction data model for
Bitmark [2]. There are some goals to have some support for HTTP and REST
[3], but it is apparently a hard climb [4] .

 [1]
http://bshambaugh.org/eispp/ch_1_2_VRM/PDF/EISPP_directional_graph_2fresnel_gss_vrm2transact.pdf
,
http://bshambaugh.org/eispp/ch_1_2_VRM/PDF/EISPP_directional_graph_2fresnel_gss_vrm2transact2.pdf
,
http://bshambaugh.org/eispp/ch_1_2_VRM/PDF/EISPP_directional_graph_2fresnel_gss_vrm2transact3.pdf

[2] https://github.com/project-bitmark/marking/wiki/Transaction-Data-Model

[3] https://github.com/project-bitmark/bitmark/wiki/API-Innovation,

[4] https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=660544.2185;wap2

-Brent Shambaugh

Website: bshambaugh.org

On Sun, Jan 10, 2016 at 5:45 AM, Timothy Holborn <timothy.holborn@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Sun, 10 Jan 2016 9:49 PM Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 10 January 2016 at 11:15, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote:
>>

>>> On 10 Jan 2016, at 01:22, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>

>>> I did the data modeling already.  Not the DHT tho.
>>>
>>> https://w3id.org/cc
>>>
>>> My current line of thinking is around private block chains (with a
>>> slight twist) ... more soon!
>>>

>>> Nice.
>>>
>>> The ontology looks very much like a first draft though. None of the
>>> relations have
>>> domains or ranges specified in RDFS. And there is no link to
>>> documentation from
>>> the various blockchain protocols to allow one to verify the design
>>> decisions. For
>>> something like this it actually looks like OWL modelling would be quite
>>> important,
>>>  to verify that the model was consistent and did not contain
>>> contradictions, and to
>>> make sure it was used consistentlty.
>>>

>> I didnt add owl ranges because they were not needed.  The vocab is
>> complete and can model most block chains.  Feel free to model it yourself
>> (I encourage you to do so!), you'll end up in the same place.
>>

>>> It also looks like what is missing is a peer reviewed paper that would
>>> go with this.
>>>
>>> Btw. I wonder if one could not use the ontologies from the web payments
>>> group
>>> https://web-payments.org/  such as digital signatures