Re: Linked Data Signatures and Credentials

On 20 February 2015 at 03:29, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com> wrote:

> On 02/18/2015 04:08 AM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> > Linked Data Signatures http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdUZaYeQblY
> >
> > Firstly, all the examples in the video were theoretical, and not
> > examples I could actually look at to see the actual data formats. So,
> > it's a high level view, fair enough, go to web-payments.org
> > <http://web-payments.org> to find out more.  What is a typical path
> > that a newcomer could use to actually find real world examples?
>
> There is no path yet... Web developer documentation is not something
> we've been able to get around to doing yet. This document exists:
>
> https://web-payments.org/specs/source/ld-signatures/
>
> and contains an example:
>

> https://web-payments.org/specs/source/ld-signatures/#message-signature-algorithm
>
> > One thing I might want to check as a modeller is how the actual data
> > is organized.  I was happy that the concept of a passport, the
> > concept of a key and the concept of person were kept as separate
> > logical concerns. Again, I'd want to see an example because small
> > things can derail implementations.  For example, a passport may have
> > an expiration date, but a person may not.  It would be nice to have
> > real world examples where this can be examined further.
>
> Here are a couple of examples:
>
> http://opencreds.org/specs/source/identity-credentials/#a-basic-identity
>
> also check out example 7:
>

> http://opencreds.org/specs/source/identity-credentials/#reading-identity-information

Thanks that does make things clearer.

http://keys-r-us.example.com/i/key-master
http://keys-r-us.example.com/keys
http://payswarm.example.com/i/john/keys/5
https://example.com/identities/bob
http://ssa.us.gov/credentials/3732
https://ssa.us.gov/keys/27
https://example.org/identities/alice
https://example.org/identities/alice/keys/1

Trying the links above didnt lead anywhere.  I understand now, they
are not supposed to, but it may be slightly confusing to newer people,
or it might just be me.