Re: Linked Data Signatures and Credentials

On 02/18/2015 04:08 AM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> Linked Data Signatures http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdUZaYeQblY
>
> Firstly, all the examples in the video were theoretical, and not
> examples I could actually look at to see the actual data formats. So,
> it's a high level view, fair enough, go to web-payments.org
> <http://web-payments.org> to find out more.  What is a typical path
> that a newcomer could use to actually find real world examples?

There is no path yet... Web developer documentation is not something
we've been able to get around to doing yet. This document exists:

https://web-payments.org/specs/source/ld-signatures/

and contains an example:

https://web-payments.org/specs/source/ld-signatures/#message-signature-algorithm

> One thing I might want to check as a modeller is how the actual data
> is organized.  I was happy that the concept of a passport, the
> concept of a key and the concept of person were kept as separate
> logical concerns. Again, I'd want to see an example because small
> things can derail implementations.  For example, a passport may have
> an expiration date, but a person may not.  It would be nice to have
> real world examples where this can be examined further.

Here are a couple of examples:

http://opencreds.org/specs/source/identity-credentials/#a-basic-identity

also check out example 7:

http://opencreds.org/specs/source/identity-credentials/#reading-identity-information

> Let me stress that I am not expecting technical details in an
> introductory video, but since the actual pointer there are
> theoretical and dont lead anywhere, how does an interested party
> follow up on the introduction and get to some real world examples.

Would linking to the identity credentials spec listed above help in any way?

There is also this blog post:

http://manu.sporny.org/2014/identity-credentials/

If you go through the whole thing, get an account on identus.org and
issue a bunch of credentials to yourself, you'll be able to see exactly
what an address credential, payment provider credential, email
credential, and other sorts of credentials look like.