Re: Unlinkability. Re: Building Linked Data into the Core of the Web

On 2014-09-22 13:16, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> On 9/22/14 2:31 AM, Anders Rundgren wrote:
>> I'm by no means an enemy to Linked Data, I just don't see what it
>> would do for *conventional* payments except for introducing privacy
>> and access control concerns.
>
> Please take time to digest:
>
> [1] http://bit.ly/enterprise-identity-management-and-attribute-based-access-controls
> [2] http://bit.ly/loosely-coupled-read-write-web-and-web-access-controls-using-webid .
>
> You cannot make a moderately usable system without an identification mechanism that isn't yet another data silo.
>
> *conventional* payments are an application of data driven identification, interaction, and management.

My only ambition has been describing how you could "webify" an existing payment system,
*without* changing data ownership, relationships, business-, trust-, or privacy-models.

Since the main problem with identity information is not the information itself but
how it will be used after being submitted, it seems like a safe(r) bet minimizing
exposure of such data.  This is a corner-stone of my write-up.  Another example is
FIDO which (at least on paper...) is the opposite to Linked Data since each site
is supposed to be an identity silo.  In practice FIDO doesn't work as Google claims
but that's altogether different discussion :-)

Anders