Re: Unlinkability. Re: Building Linked Data into the Core of the Web

On 9/22/14 11:32 AM, Anders Rundgren wrote:
> On 2014-09-22 13:16, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>> On 9/22/14 2:31 AM, Anders Rundgren wrote:
>>> I'm by no means an enemy to Linked Data, I just don't see what it
>>> would do for *conventional* payments except for introducing privacy
>>> and access control concerns.
>>
>> Please take time to digest:
>>
>> [1]
>> http://bit.ly/enterprise-identity-management-and-attribute-based-access-controls
>> [2]
>> http://bit.ly/loosely-coupled-read-write-web-and-web-access-controls-using-webid
>> .
>>
>> You cannot make a moderately usable system without an identification
>> mechanism that isn't yet another data silo.
>>
>> *conventional* payments are an application of data driven
>> identification, interaction, and management.
>
> My only ambition has been describing how you could "webify" an
> existing payment system,
> *without* changing data ownership, relationships, business-, trust-,
> or privacy-models.

You can't achieve that goal, in any non contradictory way, if you've
somehow convinced yourself that Linked Open Data and Webify aren't
inextricably linked.

"*without* changing data ownership, relationships, business-, trust-, or
privacy-models." is just another way of saying: structured data
representation + entity relationship semantics, without
data-silo-fication. That's exactly what RDF based Linked Open Data is
fundamentally about, period [1].

> Since the main problem with identity information is not the
> information itself but
> how it will be used after being submitted, it seems like a safe(r) bet
> minimizing
> exposure of such data.

Linked Open Data never means "uncontrolled or unconstrained access to
data" [1].

>   This is a corner-stone of my write-up.  Another example is
> FIDO which (at least on paper...) is the opposite to Linked Data since
> each site
> is supposed to be an identity silo.  In practice FIDO doesn't work as
> Google claims
> but that's altogether different discussion :-)

You can conditionally constrain access to data using data access policies.

[1]
http://bit.ly/enterprise-identity-management-and-attribute-based-access-controls
-- presentation that covers Linked Open Data and Attribute based Access
Controls working in tandem.

Kingsley