Re: identifi -- identity system and signed web of trust

On 9 September 2014 03:16, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com> wrote:

> On 08/31/2014 06:42 PM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> > Looks like similar work to some going on in this group, from one of
> > the bitcoin core developers.
> >
> > https://github.com/identifi/identifi
>
> Has anyone contacted Martti Malmi about this work yet? Melvin? It's
> worth a chat with him to make sure he knows about what we're doing here.
> Looks like he's been working on this pretty solidly since April 2013.

Sure, working closely with him.  I hang out in their project team area, and
we've dad some good conversations.

> We should find out how he's normalizing the JSON data (there is no
> mention of the normalization algorithm), which format the keys are in?
> How is the data stored? If anyone can introduce identifiers and
> associate those with other pieces of information, then how do you
> prevent massive amounts of spam in the system?

Good questions, I'll find out!

Not that Martti and Satoshi were the first two bitcoin developers and built
most of the current code base together.