Re: Reminder: vote on use cases

On 10/01/2014 11:56 AM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> On 1 October 2014 17:35, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com This
> is a friendly reminder to vote on the Web Payments Use Cases:
>
> https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1oF8i3Xi4caBqG6IGJTTIsFLUsPSVam7w6pn6TsHbYDg/viewform?usp=send_form
>
>  +0

What would change that vote to a +1? :)

> Didnt vote for or against.  Would like this to go forward, but I
> suspect during the duration of this work crypto currencies will
> become more prominent and they seem to be, imho, under mentioned.

The version 1.0 solution should support crypto currency payment services
in the same way that it'll support Visa/Mastercard/PayPal etc. Perhaps
we should make that more explicit?

As far as integrating crypto currencies into the protocols we're talking
about, the general consensus was that doing so was premature.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see more of a focus on crypto currencies
and moving them into the Open Web Platform in a way like your Web
Credits system. That said, I don't see how W3C could standardize
something that's still very much in its infancy. For example, what would
be standardized?

blog: High-Stakes Credentials and Web Login
http://manu.sporny.org/2014/identity-credentials/