Re: Web Payments Schema & RDF

On 10/1/14 10:13 AM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:

> I think perhaps it makes sense to roll a small vocab for my own needs
> right now, which works with mainstream tooling and has correct
> definitions, and then align with with work (either through a refactor
> or an owl : sameAs) when the machine readable side is up to date.

+1

Do that, all the time. It's a zillion times more productive.

Reconcile with shared ontologies after you are done, or following key
milestones. Otherwise, you will never be done.

Starting with shared ontologies (at all cost) is just another one of
those warped Semantic Web & RDF memes, that are ultimately contradictory
and indefensible.

What matters the most are the following:

Definition Mode:
1. how you name or identify entities -- HTTP URIs
2. how you describe the nature of entities (i.e., classes or categories)
3. how you describe the nature of relationship types (i.e., domains and
ranges).

Entity Relationship Description Mode:
1. actual entity descriptions represented using different kinds of
entity relationship types
2. where you publish your entity relationship based entity descriptions
--- today you have Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft One Drive etc..

Then reconcile with shared ontologies at a time when you've acquired so
much knowledge and experience from the practical development processes
(outlined above) that the entire endeavor simply adds mutual value.
Remember, not all shared ontologies are actually useful, in short,
there's still a minority of useful (in a practical sense)  shared
ontologies out in the wild :)

Nanotation is your friend [1] .

[1] http://bit.ly/blog-post-about-nanotation -- Nanotation (Twitter,
Facebook, G+, Mailing List posts etc.. are now data spaces for creating
and sharing your world-view, in 5-Star Linked Data form, whimsically)

--
Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO