Re: Stellar launches - Ripple-like decentralized ledger

RE: "The currency will have value (as determined by the market);
however, its primary function is providing a conversion path between
other currencies."

Same deep architectural flaw as the others: a purely speculative fiat
token instead of a tangible benchmark. The simply reproduces the
deepest flaw of post-1971 nation-state units of account.

The team behind the Uro derivative of bitcoin understands the issue:
http://uro.io/   I've not yet looked into the auditability of the data
source for their anchor, so don't yet have a view on it. But at least
"the global capacity to produce food" matters to the value of their
unit. Even in the digital world...
http://www.thecomingdepression.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/unemployed-phd-will-code-for-food.jpg

Joseph

--
Joseph Potvin
Operations Manager | Gestionnaire des opérations