Re: Apple AppStore revenues - 85%+ come from games

On 12/10/2014 09:47 AM, Stephane Boyera wrote:
> *i'm not entirely sure i understand how in-app payment is different
> to usual checkout apart from the fact that in most cases,
> particularly for games, it is micro-payment? you have a product to
> buy, the app receive a message the product has been paid, and it is
> delivered to the user (digital content)?

You are correct. If we design the system correctly, the flow for an
in-app payment will be identical to a retail payment.

> *I'm not sure i understand in which way the topic (game) has any
> impact on the payment part? today 99% of app business model is on
> freemium (free+in-app model)

Yep, also true. The industry is a $11B USD/year industry, not nearly as
big as the financial services sector, but far bigger than every other
"in-app payment" category that exists today combined.

If we are going to do in-app payments correctly, how are we going to
know that we did them correctly if we don't have anyone from that
industry involved?

blog: High-Stakes Credentials and Web Login
http://manu.sporny.org/2014/identity-credentials/