Re: P2P Payments

On 12/4/14 2:48 AM, Anders Rundgren wrote:

> P2P payments are established in many places in the world.  My guess is
> that none of these are based on standard web technology because this
> technology simply isn't up to such tasks; it will take many years to
> get on par with "Apps", if even possible.
>
> It is sad but the web is lagging and the lag is increasing due to the
> success of Android and iOS.
>
> Anders (on Android)

What does "Standard Web Technology" mean?

I do know of the Architecture of the World Wide Web (AWWW) which covers
the key components for building a Web-like abstraction atop the
Internet, comprised of:

1. URIs -- for denotation
2. HTTP URIs -- for implicit denotation and identification (courtesy of
implicit Name->Address indirection for URI meaning interpretation)
3. HTML - language and notation combo for describing and representing
documents
4. RDF - language for representing entity relations using a variety of
loosely-coupled notations.

1-4 are the basis of the Web as we know it.

#4 in regards to the "RDF" moniker is just a formalization (by the W3C)
of what was always intrinsic to the Web's original design [1][2].

Being "Standard Web Technology" based (as I understand it) is a little
different from you continue frame this matter.

Links:

[1]
http://bit.ly/evidence-that-the-world-wide-web-was-based-on-linked-data-from-inception
[2] http://bit.ly/world-wide-web-25-years-later