Re: Tradehill Bitcoin exchange shut down for 2nd time in 2 years

From: pindar wong <pindar.wong@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2013 20:10:17 +0800
To: Joseph Potvin <jpotvin@opman.ca>
Cc: Web Payments CG <public-webpayments@w3.org>
On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 7:52 PM, Joseph Potvin <jpotvin@opman.ca> wrote:

> RE: "Not a technical issue"
>
> These issues are technical in law.

Sure... the legal code to be sure.

> They set some of the business
> requirements for the application layer. There will be battles about
> these business requirements because they really matter.

Fully agree. Some were set in an era where constraints/requirements are no
longer relevant and hence the importance of interfacing with the
traditional banking/financial communities to help manage their expectations
of the change that is already underway. I guess that's why it's important
to participate in non-technical standards discussion, such as the IGF.

p.