Re: Tradehill Bitcoin exchange shut down for 2nd time in 2 years

RE: "in an era where constraints/requirements are no longer relevant"

That might or might not be the case. Here's a useful reference, for
example, which the libertarians on this list will recognize:
http://library.mises.org/books/Friedrich%20A%20Hayek/Choice%20in%20Currency.pdf

There used to be diverse currencies operating under all sorts of legal
frameworks, so it's helpful to look backwards, not just forwards, for
economic and legal foundations.

BTW, even Thomas Edison worked on a currency proposal:
http://faculty.washington.edu/dtwills/resources/Edisons-Monetary-Option.pdf
http://query.nytimes.com/mem/archive-free/pdf?res=9E0CEFD71E30E633A25750C2A9619C946395D6CF

Global peer-to-peer virtual currencies innovate some aspects of money,
but not all.

Joseph Potvin

--
Joseph Potvin
Operations Manager | Gestionnaire des opérations