Re: webpayments - Choosing a Chair for your Community Group

On Wed, 14 Mar 2012 14:25:11 +0100, Manu Sporny
<msporny@digitalbazaar.com> wrote:

> Hi Coralie,
>
> Answers to your questions below...
>
> On 03/14/2012 07:48 AM, Coralie Mercier wrote:
>> I noticed that Web Payments Community Group currently has no Chair.
>> http://www.w3.org/community/webpayments/
>
> Yes, by design. We had decided to not pick one and continue until we
> needed one.
>
>> The Chair is responsible for ensuring the group fulfills the
>> requirements of the Community and Business Group Process as well as
>> the group’s operational agreements.
>
> I'm listed as the group's "facilitator" in the minutes, which means that
> I can fulfill the role of Chair when needed for W3C Process/Legal
> purposes. If W3C needs the "Chair" position to be filled out on a form
> for administrative reasons, I'd be happy to do so, knowing that we've
> chosen to not have a Chair in the group until absolutely necessary.
>
> I hope that made sense, let me know if there is a requirement to have a
> Chair.

Hi Manu

There is such a requirement.

Quoting from:
<http://www.w3.org/community/about/agreements/>

[[
Community Group Chair(s)

Each Community Group must have at least one Chair who is responsible for
ensuring the group fulfills the requirements of this document as well as
the group’s operational agreements. The participants of the Group choose
their Chair(s). The Chair(s) are also the primary contacts for the
Community Development Lead.
]]

Best regards,
Coralie

--
   Coralie Mercier  -  W3C Communications Team  -  http://www.w3.org
      W3C/ERCIM - B219 - 2004, rte des lucioles - 06410 Biot - FR