Re: webpayments - Choosing a Chair for your Community Group

From: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 09:25:11 -0400
To: Coralie Mercier <coralie@w3.org>
CC: public-webpayments@w3.org, "team-community-process@w3.org" <team-community-process@w3.org>
Hi Coralie,

Answers to your questions below...

On 03/14/2012 07:48 AM, Coralie Mercier wrote:
> I noticed that Web Payments Community Group currently has no Chair.
> http://www.w3.org/community/webpayments/

Yes, by design. We had decided to not pick one and continue until we
needed one.

> The Chair is responsible for ensuring the group fulfills the
> requirements of the Community and Business Group Process as well as
> the group’s operational agreements.

I'm listed as the group's "facilitator" in the minutes, which means that
I can fulfill the role of Chair when needed for W3C Process/Legal
purposes. If W3C needs the "Chair" position to be filled out on a form
for administrative reasons, I'd be happy to do so, knowing that we've
chosen to not have a Chair in the group until absolutely necessary.

I hope that made sense, let me know if there is a requirement to have a
Chair.

President/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: PaySwarm Website for Developers Launched
http://digitalbazaar.com/2012/02/22/new-payswarm-alpha/