Re: New specs: Web Payments, Web Commerce and Payment Intents

From: Andrew Durham <ad@andrewdurham.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 14:15:24 +0000
To: Dave Longley <dlongley@digitalbazaar.com>
Cc: public-webpayments@w3.org
@Dave:

Yes, that would work, too, but I think that is essentially the same as
#2. However it makes me think of something else, which is
that the system could query the collectible amount and show that as
the collected amount so everyone knows how a campaign is really going.
But that does not prevent the bottom falling out at the last second.
It could even lead to sabotage.

I think the existing solutions--Kickstarter's and IndieGoGo's (#4) are the best.

Re: Tipjar, this is what I said in #4. So there is no legal problem.
Furthermore, there is also promised movement on a crowdfunding law
next year. Thank god it's sexy.

I completely agree: promisor/promisee are not clear. They do not
immediately and unequivocally communicate who does what, so further
definition is necessary. Two dissimilar terms like proposer/supporters
would be much more readable.

Andrew