Re: Why Linked Data?

On 02/09/2012 03:52 AM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> I've had a lot of feedback on the Web Credits spec so far and I
> think there is a common question.
>
> "Why use Linked Data"

You too, huh? :)

> I'm unsure as a standards community we've explained the case well
> enough to those that may be relatively new to the concept.  Perhaps
> it's something we take for granted.

I think you're right... very few know about Linked Data outside of the
Web standards world.

> I was wondering how we can make the case for linked data and whether
> that motivation should be translated into our documents.

An attempt to do this was made in a previous e-mail to David Nicol.
Perhaps we need to add an item on the PaySwarm wiki?

> Perhaps when things are still relatively early in standardization
> process (Community Group) we should focus some time on discussing
> the advantages of the LD approach to standarization?

I'd be happy to have this discussion on here - we just need somebody to
play the part of "non-believer" :)

blog: PaySwarm vs. OpenTransact Shootout
http://manu.sporny.org/2011/web-payments-comparison/