Why Linked Data?

From: Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 09:52:30 +0100
To: Web Payments <public-webpayments@w3.org>
I've had a lot of feedback on the Web Credits spec so far and I think
there is a common question.

"Why use Linked Data"

I'm unsure as a standards community we've explained the case well
enough to those that may be relatively new to the concept.  Perhaps
it's something we take for granted.

I was wondering how we can make the case for linked data and whether
that motivation should be translated into our documents.

Perhaps when things are still relatively early in standardization
process (Community Group) we should focus some time on discussing the
advantages of the LD approach to standarization?