Re: QRCode with W3C Standard

On 2016-07-05 07:17, Mountie Lee wrote:
> the QR image can be loaded into browser context via MediaCapture API, data-uri string(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_URI_scheme) or remote image.
> reading qr code has no dependency to camera.

Then I don't understand the use case because what you are describing is a scenario where the writer and reader is the same entity or that you redirect to a page with a QR code.

> to display qr code at browser,
> I found a proposal from ETRI.
> http://hollobit.github.io/qr-element/
>
> to generate URl from qr code, missing currently.

I have successfully hosted QR codes in data URIs so I don't see why we need a new HTML element unless there are use cases that need JavaScript methods for dynamically generating QR-codes in browsers.

OTOH, writing a QR generator in JavaScript can hardly be rocket science so even that possibility seems to go against the general desire to not unnecessarily bloat browsers.

Anders