Re: [payment arch] Roadmap

On 05/22/2015 01:09 AM, Anders Rundgren wrote:
> IMO, these statement are highly contradictory.

They're not, explanation below...

> Charter: "Development of technical standards is not in scope for the
>  Interest Group. However, this group will encourage the development
> or adaption of technical standards to bridge the gaps that are
> identified"

The Web Payments IG is chartered to suggest a vision, gather use cases
and requirements, formulate payment architecture capabilities, and
propose an implementation roadmap. That's what we're doing now.

> Roadmap: "The initial implementation of the Web Payments work will
> focus on delivering standards for a Minimum Viable Platform (MVP) by
>  December 2017"

The group that will execute on this will be a proposed future W3C
Working Group like the "Web Payments Working Group".

To summarize:

The Web Payments IG proposes a plan on what needs to be done and when it
needs to be done.

The Web Payments WG executes on that plan.

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: Web Payments: The Architect, the Sage, and the Moral Voice
https://manu.sporny.org/2015/payments-collaboration/