From: chaals@yandex-team.ru [mailto:chaals@yandex-team.ru]
Sent: Sunday, March 29, 2015 5:29 AM
To: Manu Sporny; public-webpayments-ig@w3.org
Subject: Re: Important Accessibility Requirement or Consideration for Web Payments work

29.03.2015, 06:24, "Manu Sporny" <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>:
> On 03/28/2015 02:18 PM, Katie Haritos-Shea GMAIL wrote:
>>  While doing my review of the Web Payments Use Cases FPWD today it
>>  occurred to me that somewhere in our documentation on requirements
>>  there should be some place to include a core W2C WCAG2 accessibility
>>  requirement for financial transactions.
>
> Done.
>
> https://github.com/w3c/webpayments-ig/commit/fc8c0a2277b1fe80f9813e9be

> 26991c5fe49a7be

Note that this is tricky, since we want to reduce payment "friction".

I suspect the way this plays out is that where we do introduce something like that, we allow things like limit-setting (so many transactions, with such-and-such a cap, for a given time period…). Note that this has also been considered important in areas like harm minimisation for gambling systems, as well as being a fairly common practice in managing corporate spending where thresholds are set for reporting requirements (analagously to legal cash transaction reporting requirements as it happens).

But we should actively check what we do in this space with the relevant WAI groups - WCAG, and the Cognitive Accessibility task force.

cheers

Chaals

--
Charles McCathie Nevile - web standards - CTO Office, Yandex chaals@yandex-team.ru - - - Find more at http://yandex.com

This electronic message, including attachments, is intended only for the use of the individual or company named above or to which it is addressed. The information contained in this message shall be considered confidential and proprietary, and may include confidential work product. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that any unauthorized use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message and deleting this email immediately.