Important Accessibility Requirement or Consideration for Web Payments work

From: Katie Haritos-Shea GMAIL <ryladog@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2015 14:18:37 -0400
To: <public-webpayments-ig@w3.org>
Cc: <ryladog@gmail.com>, <Katie.Haritos-Shea@Chase.com>
Hi All,

While doing my review of the Web Payments Use Cases FPWD today it occurred
to me that somewhere in our documentation on requirements there should be
some place to include a core W2C WCAG2 accessibility requirement for
financial transactions. That would be WCAG 2 success criteria 3.3.4 which
is, in part, intended to prevent users from inadvertently making a financial
commitment.

>From an accessibility and general user perspective, we should endure that we
get text into our work that clarifies that before subjecting any user to a
financial transaction commitment (such as a web payment) - users must be
presented with the option of reversing, checking or confirming their choice
or submission.

Reference:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/REC-WCAG20-20081211/#minimize-error-reversible

3.3.4 Error Prevention (Legal, Financial, Data): For
<http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/#webpagedef> Web pages that cause legal
commitments <http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/#legalcommitmentsdef>  or financial
transactions for the user to occur, that modify or delete user-controllable
<http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/#user-controllabledef>  data in data storage
systems, or that submit user test responses, at least one of the following
is true: (Level AA)

1.	Reversible: Submissions are reversible.
2.	Checked: Data entered by the user is checked for input errors
<http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/#input-errordef>  and the user is provided an
opportunity to correct them.
3.	Confirmed: A mechanism <http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/#mechanismdef>
is available for reviewing, confirming, and correcting information before
finalizing the submission.

* katie *

Katie Haritos-Shea
Senior Accessibility SME (WCAG/Section 508/ADA/AODA)

Cell: 703-371-5545 |  <mailto:ryladog@gmail.com> ryladog@gmail.com | Oakton,
VA |  <http://www.linkedin.com/in/katieharitosshea/> LinkedIn Profile |
Office: 703-371-5545