From: Manu Sporny [mailto:msporny@digitalbazaar.com]
Sent: Friday, July 24, 2015 2:53 PM
To: Web Payments IG
Cc: James Dailey
Subject: Re: Suggest all WPIG have text on: Goal to advance economic/financial inclusion for unbanked/underbanked

On 07/24/2015 02:13 PM, Ian Jacobs wrote:

>> On Jul 24, 2015, at 12:49 PM, Katie Haritos-Shea GMAIL
>> <ryladog@gmail.com> wrote: ‘to advance or improve the
>> economic/financial inclusion for the unbanked, underbanked and
>> persons with disabilities’.

+1

> This is exactly the sort of thing we should express in our Vision [1]
> for Web Payments.
>
> The current text we have in support of that vision is:

> Providing accessibility for payers and payees with disabilities …..

> Being open and usable by anyone, including those who are not yet
> connected to the Web.

We should specifically call out what Katie is suggesting wrt. financial inclusion in the Vision document:

"to advance or improve the economic/financial inclusion for the unbanked and underbanked"

It looks like we already have something in there for people with disabilities.

-- manu

--
Manu Sporny (skype: msporny, twitter: manusporny, G+: +Manu Sporny) Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: Web Payments: The Architect, the Sage, and the Moral Voice https://manu.sporny.org/2015/payments-collaboration/