Re: 回复: 回复: adding new use cases

On 07/14/2015 11:15 AM, 孙倩(雪迪) wrote:
> Because the virtual account is provided by escrow, the money is
> transferred to escrow's account which called user's provision
> account. The funds in provision account is  under escrow's control
> actually, however the funds belong to user.

I understand now, thank you. I have added this use case to the document:

https://github.com/w3c/webpayments-ig/commit/a46b942d7cfb41957fd0d070052234f4b30c3155

I'm curious as to how this is different from the way that PayPal
operates for US citizens? In that case, I believe that US Consumer
Protection laws state that the person moving the money from their US
bank account to their PayPal account still owns the funds and PayPal is
limited in what they can do with the funds.

Is it that there are a very large number of escrow service providers in
China and therefore the rules of how money is moved and used needs to be
standardized in China (because some providers are not clear about how
the funds can be used)?

Or is it that a Chinese escrow service provider must provide all
interest made on the customer's deposits back to the customer?

Do you have an example list of rights and responsibilities for both the
Chinese escrow service provider as well as the payer? The link you sent
to the explanation of the provision account was very helpful. Feel free
to link to something else that answers these questions even if it is not
in English.

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: Web Payments: The Architect, the Sage, and the Moral Voice
https://manu.sporny.org/2015/payments-collaboration/