From: Ian Jacobs [mailto:ij@w3.org]
Sent: Wednesday, April 15, 2015 9:59 AM
To: Manu Sporny
Cc: Web Payments IG
Subject: Re: Mirroring posts to Web Payments CG?

> On Apr 14, 2015, at 11:41 PM, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com> wrote:
>
> Due to the funky way that the Web Payments IG mailing list is setup,
> the Web Payments CG members can't easily subscribe and respond to this
> mailing list traffic (even though it is public).

Why not?

Ian

> This was okay for the first couple of months while the new group was
> finding its footing. Now that we almost have a FPWD out, I'd like to
> see if we can rope in some of the expertise of the CG (there are 200+
> members in that group).
>
> Here's what I propose:
>
> My organization sets up a script to clone any mail sent to this
> mailing list to the Web Payments CG list. The Reply-To headers are
> changed to the public-webpayments-ig-comments mailing list.
>
> This will ensure that web payments CG participants start hearing
> what's going on week-to-week in this group and are able to respond to
> our public comments mailing list while traffic on this mailing list
> (public-webpayments-ig) is kept to W3C members.
>
> Clearly, I won't do this until we have consensus.
>
> -- manu
>
> --
> Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
> blog: The Marathonic Dawn of Web Payments
> http://manu.sporny.org/2014/dawn-of-web-payments/

Tel:                       +1 718 260 9447

This electronic message, including attachments, is intended only for the use of the individual or company named above or to which it is addressed. The information contained in this message shall be considered confidential and proprietary, and may include confidential work product. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that any unauthorized use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message and deleting this email immediately.