Re: What is a WebID?

pá 10. 11. 2023 v 2:27 odesílatel Sebastian Hellmann <
hellmann@informatik.uni-leipzig.de> napsal:

> Ok, I think, this would be a good way ahead and it seems to be
> compatible with publishing Linked Data more in a REST like manner. It
> also could potentially remove the awkwardness of formats, content
> negotiation, the # vs / and also CBD and the necessity to aggregate
> small graphs with '/' uris  . It might have a lot of potential to
> simplify LD as a whole.
>
> The main trick here is to use any URL, then make it so that you can
> retrieve graph data (embedded or standalone), then add # to disambiguate
> entities within that graph.
>
> I have amendments:
>
> 1. we really should go for HTTPS URLs here. We can add a note that HTTP
> URIs are the more general case, however, these are not meant here in a
> goal-oriented manner. Ultimately, we can not securely authenticate a
> WebID using HTTP, plus I can not think of a case where it would be
> useful to have a URI that is not an URL.
>
> 2. I wouldn't be strict about the # and the Agent (for legacy reasons,
> i.e. LD published as '/'). I think, it can be either:
>
> a) example.org/agent5 a Agent . example.org/agent5#doc a ProfileDoc
>
> b) example.org/agent5#agent a Agent . example.org/agent5 a ProfileDoc
>
> c) example.org/agent5#agent a Agent . example.org/agent5#doc a ProfileDoc
>
> b and c would be clearer.
>
> 3. Non-information resources can resolve directly with 200 using #
> entities. This would integrate well in REST APIs.  I can see cases where
> you would want 303., so it should be acceptable to do content negotiation.
>
> 4. I am getting more an more skeptical about the "URI as names for
> things". Was this really the best way of realizing the GGG? Would it
> make a significant difference to say that "URLs as a tool to retrieve
> graph nodes and graphs that describe entities"?  It would be more in
> line with the Web, that also delivers docs about entities. Semantically,
> most people think about data retrieval first and then interpret them as
> entities later.
>
> 5. Using
>
> https://www.openlinksw.com/data/pdf/Semantic_Web_and_LLM-based_Chat_Bot_Symbiosis.pdf#page=26
> it would be possible to make a CSV/TSV subset spec.
>
> 6. Might be good to suggest some default strings to use after # , just
> as a no-brainer suggestion for implementation, so people don't struggle
> choosing between #me, #i, #this, etc. #organisation, #person, #agent,
> #website.

A Note on default # strings could be an excellent idea.

I've crawled a lot of these in my time and most are "#me", the exception is
TimBL who uses "#i" and I think a couple of people copied him, but vast
majority is "#me"

Then there is "#this" which is a kind of bridge, that could be discussed in
a note

The tricky thing is that sometimes you'll add "#this" when it's not there,
but other times you should not add "#this" when it's not there.  Those
cases could be written out in a document to clean up a log of confusion.
With more casual web developers using "#me" and the processor will
correctly infer what's going on.