Re: What is a WebID?

You said it yourself:

>  having a MUST for RDF-Turtle (solely) compromised a powerful
conceptual abstraction

> JSON and/or JSON-LD are the formats that developers will use because
there are a boatload of tools out their to aid their productivity.

to implement a specification requires Turtle, but most developers use
JSON(-LD), and the MUST precludes them or defines they must implement
conneg to turtle

This is why a respec is needed, to define webid without a media type
constraint (x a Agent) - superset
Then to define a subspec (webid-json(-ld)) that can be liberated of the the
requirement for tutle - even if some other subspec like webid-rdf requires
conneg & at least tutle, say in SOLID)