Re: What is a WebID?

čt 9. 11. 2023 v 13:57 odesílatel Sebastian Hellmann <
hellmann@informatik.uni-leipzig.de> napsal:

> Hi Melvin,
> On 11/9/23 11:59, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
>

> čt 9. 11. 2023 v 9:37 odesílatel Sebastian Hellmann <
> hellmann@informatik.uni-leipzig.de> napsal:
>
>> Hi Melvin,
>>
>> I really hoped that this group was about defining a secure,
>> industry-grade standard for decentral identity and authentication.
>>

> Yes, it is a secure industry-grade standard for decentralized identity.
> Just with loose-coupling.
>

>> Maybe as a side objective making Linked Data simpler * . However, it
>> seems that the goal is to re-build FOAF and Schema.org for machine
>> readable data on the web like https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000230/ is
>> one of the  WebID's for Sylvester Stallone, if you are not to pedantic
>> about accepting "url": as the identifier.
>>

> FOAF was tied to the original concept, but that's no longer a dependency.
>

>> Now in 2023, I have the feeling that publication and discovery of
>> machine readable data already works well. So what could this group add
>> on top?
>>

> What's the alternatives?
>
> A good checklist here:
>
> https://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/Principles.html
>
> How many of these principles are adhered to by WebID, and how many by the
> alternatives?
>
> You tell me.

Evaluating the proposed path, IMHO subjective scores:

Simplicity: 9/10
Modular Design: 9/10
Being Part of a Modular Design: 9/10
Tolerance: 9/10
Principle of Least Power: 10/10
Test of Independent Invention: 7/10
Decentralization*: 9/10

Score: 64/70

* more can be said on this, in another thread