Re: What is a WebID?

čt 9. 11. 2023 v 9:37 odesílatel Sebastian Hellmann <
hellmann@informatik.uni-leipzig.de> napsal:

> Hi Melvin,
>
> I really hoped that this group was about defining a secure,
> industry-grade standard for decentral identity and authentication.

Yes, it is a secure industry-grade standard for decentralized identity.
Just with loose-coupling.

> Maybe as a side objective making Linked Data simpler * . However, it
> seems that the goal is to re-build FOAF and Schema.org for machine
> readable data on the web like https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000230/ is
> one of the  WebID's for Sylvester Stallone, if you are not to pedantic
> about accepting "url": as the identifier.

FOAF was tied to the original concept, but that's no longer a dependency.

> Now in 2023, I have the feeling that publication and discovery of
> machine readable data already works well. So what could this group add
> on top?

What's the alternatives?

> -- Sebastian
>
> * simpler Linked Data:  you are aware that HTTP-range-14 can be tackled
> post request, right? curl -H "Accept: text/turtle"
> "https://databus.dbpedia.org/kurzum#this" even without a 200/Location
> Header.

Trying to understand HR14 tackled post request?  Adding "#this" I know
about, and seems like a smart thing.  Unsure #this is documented anywhere,
maybe that's a good thing to do (A Note perhaps?)