Re: Should we complete the WebID spec?

Quoting Melvin Carvalho (2023-11-03 02:48:38)
> pá 3. 11. 2023 v 1:09 odesílatel Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
> napsal:
>

> > On 11/2/23 5:53 PM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> > > 2. urn scheme for webids:  urn:webid
> >
> > What's that, and why?
> >
> > A WebID has always been an HTTP based URI used to name an Agent.
> >

> Yes indeed.  But not every authentication process gives a URI (sadly).
> Some will give a string of characters that denote an Agent, which need to
> be turned into a URI.

Not every http URI works either for delivery, but we have survived
without needing to define urn:http-that-actually-delivers-content

What is the difference? Why the need for a guaranteed working HTTP URI
here?

 - Jonas

 * Sponsorship: https://ko-fi.com/drjones