Re: webid serializations consensus 2023

Quoting Melvin Carvalho (2023-06-15 17:48:44)
> čt 15. 6. 2023 v 17:43 odesílatel Jacopo Scazzosi <jacopo@scazzosi.com>
> napsal:
>
> > Do the combined MUSTs on Turtle and JSON-LD also imply a MUST on the
> > availability of content-negotiation on the server’s side? If so, I think
> > that would be a mistake as it would cut off from compliance many “simple”
> > hosting solutions (e.g. GitHub Pages). If not, how would a client be able
> > to request a WebID in either of those formats?
> >

> Yes, it would imply content negotiation.  I would personally prefer the
> "simple" hosting solution, but I dont think we have a huge window to make
> major changes though, as the solid WG will start later this year.
>
> Solid I believe mandates conneg, and BOTH Turthe and JSON-LD.  So anything
> in WebID will have to work with that reality.  There might be some text
> that accommodates both, but it would have to be done quickly and get
> consensus.

Possibly that is also what you mean above, Melvin, but to avoid
(further) confusion: Solid requiring conneg does not imply that WebID
must require conneg: Any and all Solid requirement involving WebID must
be _possible_ but can be *optional* for WebID itself.

We have all attempted to poke at this issue, and I think it is wise to
not try to "quickly" settle it as part of a handover.

Please, Jacobo, handle the handover.

Kind regards,

 - Jonas

 * Sponsorship: https://ko-fi.com/drjones