Re: WebID default serialization for WebID 2.x

Hi Sebastian,

Quoting Sebastian Hellmann (2022-01-23 01:44:37)
> >> I will try to phrase it in a diplomatic manner:  It kind of became
> >> a recent trend to talk down Linked Data achievements.
> > "Talk down"?  Seems we are talking past each other here, and I am
> > truly sorry if I have somehow offended you or some efforts you hold
> > dear.

[...]

> For WebID: What is the main means of discovery here? Follow foaf:knows
> is not in the spec.

Using Google to discover web pages is not in the spec of HTML either.

Your concerns are quite relevant for the ecosystem _around_ WebID but I
disagree strongly that they belong in the core specification of WebID.

Makes great sense to describe best practices for use cases involving
WebID.

Possibly makes sense to write specs for some details - if we identify
details that MUST or SHOULD be done certain specific way.

For the concrete example of WebID discovery I don't think it makes sense
to specify some exact way it SHOULD or MUST be done.

Do you agree?

Did I miss the point of why you mentioned these things in a thread where
we are discussing whether certain serialization SHOULD or MUST *always*
be used for a thing to be a valid WebID.

 - Jonas