Re: Inrupt WebIDs

On Fri, Aug 12, 2022 at 4:27 PM Angelo Veltens <angelo.veltens@online.de>
wrote:

> I do not have insight into Inrupt's motivation, but I like the new form
> better (which does not mean I like the fact that URIs changed...)
>
> Why?
>
> The /profile/card#me version is very bulky
>
> The new form comes closer to what casual users know from e.g. twitter and
> other services, compare:
>
> https://id.inrupt.com/aveltens

Thanks for this link.  I was looking more at this WebID provider.

Side note:

There's some T&C before you can sign up:

https://inrupt.com/terms-conditions/

Which says:

"YOU AGREE THAT YOU WILL NOT UPLOAD, STORE, USE, ACCESS, OR PROVIDE TO THE
SERVICES ... ANY PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION."

This feels somewhat strange.

When I coined the phrase "Solid Linked Data", back in 2012, the idea was
almost the exact opposite of this.  We had linked data, but we didnt have
features of the emerging social web.

The concept could perhaps be worth revisiting and defining a bit more
clearly, in order to guide implementers