What is a W3C editor? Re: WebID+TLS Spec was (Re: Signed WebID documents and trust wrt GPG Web of Trust)

From: Andreas Kuckartz <A.Kuckartz@ping.de>
Date: 29 May 2013 10:59:58 +0200
To: "Henry Story" <henry.story@bblfish.net>
Cc: "Melvin Carvalho" <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>, "Olivier Berger" <olivier.berger@telecom-sudparis.eu>, "public-webid" <public-webid@w3.org>
Henry Story:

> On 29 May 2013, at 10:08, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I seem to recall that Manu made a big contribution to putting the spec into a professional format.
>
> That may be. But that makes him a contributor, not an author or an editor. And so I have kept him as a
> contributor.

Depending on the definitions of "professional format" and "editor"
putting a spec in a professional format might belong to the core tasks
of an editor.

"While the Working Groups at large are responsible for building
consensus on the technical decisions, the editors have the heavy
responsibility of transforming these decisions into actual specifications."
http://www.w3.org/2003/Editors/

Cheers,
Andreas