Re: [foaf-protocols] WebID status recap?

On 14 Jun 2013, at 20:27, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 14 June 2013 19:39, Peter Williams <home_pw@msn.com> wrote:
> There is actually nothing untruthful in Henrys quoted statement. And, you can look at it as “not intended to be unkind”. Henry’s predilition for apparently crass statements is well known (but reflects his passion of what he does, not some intent to be nasty). Never having met him or Melvin, I can feel Melvin feels the same. Henry is Henry; and all are welcome.
>
> Now, here we have an example of semiotic signaling, formed as a result of small-scale, cell-based, human networking. This is the key to metadata-security models (whatever they are).
>
> Henry (I feel) knows anti-subversion cells are the key to metadata protection; he just doesn't know much about effective counter-surveillance or the design of comsec that supports it. But, I can feel he has a gut feeling (if he can just stay away from those influencing him from UK intel).
>
> But that can change - so long as its USEFUL to huge number of people living the kinds of lives we live. Like the crypto-revolution in 1993, it HAS TO BE SOCIALLY USEFUL *and* be POLITICALLY CAPABLE of showing itself in that role. it has to be making money, and employing people in service economies, etc.
>
> I had the pleasure of meeting Henry last year, and I can tell you he has a heart of gold, there's not an ounce of malice in his body.
>
> If I may say, he doesnt always come across as well as he could do, over email, but I see where he's coming from.  I wont let it get in the way of working, as a team, to make progress :)

I know Melvin you like to bring people together. So here is a simple but difficult mission:

See if we can get the BrowserId folks to use an enhanced cert ontology for their JSON-LD
certificate. Then we can get the BrowserID folks to agree with us on a key ontology published
in a W3C namespace, and get them to move to a signed JSON-LD.

That would align a number of communities on the same easily achievable goal.

  Henry