Re: WebID definition -- proposal: drop the word 'uniquely'

On 11 Feb 2013, at 12:06, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com> wrote:

> "A WebID is an HTTP URI which uniquely denotes an Agent (Person, Organization, Group, Device, etc.)."
>
> I propose we drop 'uniquely'.  Unclear it adds anything here and may be confusing (at least it was to me).
>
> If the implication is that the webid contains 1 or more IFP that are unique, it's not even clear to me how we would test that.

Not sure which spec you are reading. It's not in here:
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/WebID/raw-file/tip/spec/identity-respec.htm

[[
A WebID is a URI with an HTTP or HTTPS scheme which denotes an Agent (Person, Organization, Group, Device, etc.). For WebIDs with fragment identifiers (e.g. #me), the URI without the fragment denotes the Profile Document. For WebIDs without fragment identifiers an HTTP request on the WebID must return a 303 with a Location header URI referring to the Profile Document.
]]