Re: Looking for a JSON WebID service

On 18 December 2013 22:41, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:

> On 12/18/13 4:00 PM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
>
>> You fire an ajax request for a given WebID
>>
>> It brings back
>>
>> Name
>> List of Friends
>>
>> Does anyone have one already done?
>>

> You mean FOAF graph in JSON representation, following URI de-reference?

Found the link!

https://web.ods.openlinksw.com/ods/api/user.getFOAFSSLData

This was the kind of thing I mean ... only issue is that this does not have
a valid SSL certificate, so most browsers will throw an error.

The advantage of this lightweight approach is that with a single line of JS
you can authenticate a user, and personalize a page with avatar and name,
rather than needing a larger parser in the browser, so it can be useful in
situations where you have limited bandwidth such as mobile (if that makes
sense)

Kingsley, any chance that this routine could be put on a page with a valid
SSL certificate?