Re: Looking for a JSON WebID service

Hello,

Check the Andrei implementation here on ld-cal exemple app:
https://github.com/rww-apps/ld-cal/blob/master/js/ld-cal.js#L501

Its server gives you the authenticated user corresponding to the X509
certificate. It is the webid URI in the User response header.

As the ld-cal app is supposed to run on a rww.io created subdomain (ie
xxx.rww.io), you can see here:
https://github.com/rww-apps/ld-cal/blob/master/index.html#L139

$(document).ready(function() {
        authenticate('/');
    });

So it means you can authenticate using this code against an URI like
https://xxx.rww.io
And it gives you the authenticated WebId.
Then you can just fetch the webId and extract useful data. No need for JSON API.

I guess it would be nice if we could have a global service that just
handle that TLS authentication so that we can easily contextualize our
JS apps.

It would be a single point of failure and en centralized auth but will
permit to ease the development until better integration of webid in
browsers I guess

We could do that because we will also need it, Henry what do you think?