Re: Simple Straw Poll re. Hash URI Specificity and WebID Definition

I am not sure the RWW mailing list is the right place to send this message,
as they have not followed the debate. I think we need a wiki page that lists
the pros and cons of each of the issues below, if you are going to bring new
people to the conversation.

On 21 Nov 2012, at 16:49, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:

> All,
>
> As per a variety of threads re. the matter of the definition of a WebID, I kindly request a simple +1, -1, or 0 vote on the following issue of concern:
>
> Should a WebID be defined specifically as a hash based HTTP URI?

"Specifically" is not clear.

In terms of language we can use MUST, SHOULD etc.

So perhaps you can rephrase it in those terms.

[1] a WebID MUST be a an HTTP hash uri
[2] a WebID SHOULD be an HTTP hash uri
[3] a WebID SHOULD be any HTTP hash uri

in all cases of course we agree that the URI MUST refer to an agent as described in the current spec.

Is this better?