Re: hash in WebID - cachability problem

On 4 Dec 2012, at 15:10, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:

> On 12/4/12 8:06 AM, Henry Story wrote:
>> I know those URIs are cacheable. That was not the point of the discussion. We were speaking about the cacheability of what you call the entitiy uris, (e.g.http://dbpedia.org/resource/Berlin  ) which HTTPBis allows:
>>
>> HTTPBis says:
>> "A 303 response SHOULD NOT be cached unless it is indicated as cacheable by Cache-Control or Expires header fields."
>>
>> I was just pointing out that DBPedia does not take that possibility into account, which it could.
>> If you look at what I am saying, I am in fact giving you plenty of good ways to improve your arguments.
>
> You don't cache Names, you cache Data.

The header of an HTTP redirect can be considered to be data. Now if Nathan is right
in the quote I keep citing from him - reproduced above - then the HTTP spec would be
saying that one can cache it.

Mind you I can't find the text above in the HTTPBis specs. Nathan, do you have
the precise URI for that quote?

Henry