Re: Ancient w3 browsers

On Mon, Aug 22, 2022 at 8:24 AM Dan Connolly <dckc@madmode.com> wrote:

> I'm struggling to find source code for that X11 browser from the Convex
> days.

I know I got a copy of my files (on a tape!) when I left Convex, and I
> copied them to a zip drive at one point. Unfortunately, I don't recall
> where I put the zip drive.

I found a copy of the zip disks, but no X11 browser.

The files don't seem to go back far enough. It looks like I made the zip
copies around 1994, though in some cases I back-dated some CVS files to
1992.

CDs are so slow that I made a copy on an SD card. In doing so, I found
small (6.1kB) read errors on the CD.

[image: read-errors.png]

Here's hoping I find time to filter out any confidential material and
publish the rest soon.
Meanwhile, for (my) reference:

$ file zip-rescue.img; ls -sh zip-rescue.img ; sha1sum zip-rescue.img
zip-rescue.img: ISO 9660 CD-ROM filesystem data ''
526M zip-rescue.img
94c6129bbcc3ffdddbc79fec7147a06185893a7d  zip-rescue.img

--
Dan Connolly
http://www.madmode.com/